My favourite convention is right around the corner, and I could not be more excited. I get to interview guest of honour (and my own editor) Lee Harris! I get to bask in the company of my beloved fellow nominees on this year’s Aurora short fiction ballot, in a panel we’re calling the Glam Dames of Short Fiction! I get to go to the Aurora Awards as a nominee for the first time! And sing karaoke after!
There’s so much excellence on the schedule this year that I didn’t ask for a reading or a signing, but if you see me, please don’t hesitate to ask me to sign your book or ask me a question or just say hi. I’ll also have bookplates and other swag with me at all times, so just buttonhole me in the hallway, in the dealer’s room or before or after a panel.
Fri Oct 18
- 5 p.m. Lee Harris in conversation with Kate Heartfield
Sat Oct 19
- 11 a.m. Witches on the Rise – Christian Baines, David Demchuk, Kate Heartfield, Maaja Wentz, Lynne MacLean (m).
- 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Signing.
- 3 p.m. Back to the Future is a Bunch of Bull – Geoff Hart, Kate Heartfield, KimMei Kirtland, Kelly Robson, Su J. Sokol (m)
- 5 p.m. The Glam Dames of Aurora Short Fiction – Julie E. Czerneda, Susan Forest, Kate Heartfield, Kelly Robson, Liz Westbrook-Trenholm
Sun Oct 20
- 11 a.m. Ready, Steady, Flash! Charlie Jane Anders, Kate Heartfield, Kelly Robson, Tamara Vardomskaya, Lee Harris (m)