My Can-Con 2014 schedule
The schedule for Can-Con, Ottawa’s SFF convention, is out. It’s from Oct. 3 to 5 this year. As always with conventions, this is preliminary, so take it with the requisite salt. But it looks like a lot of fun.
On Friday evening, I’ll be reading an excerpt from my story Traveller, Take Me, a ghost story about prospectors in Manitoba in 1914, with some pulp science fiction and early WWI history thrown in.
Here’s my tentative schedule:
- Friday, Oct. 3, 7 p.m. So This Is Your First Con – Kate Heartfield (m), Peter Atwood, Nicole Lavigne, Alice Black
- Friday, Oct. 3, 8 p.m. On Spec Reading: Joint Readings of Writers Appearing On Spec magazine: James Moran (m) Agnes Cadieux, Kate Heartfield, Anita Dolman, Mike Rimar.
- Saturday, Oct. 4, 1 p.m. GOH Interviews: Kate Heartfield and Derek Newman-Stille interview Jo Walton
- Saturday, Oct. 4, 5 p.m Law and Crime and Punishment in Medieval Times – Ariella Elema, Ranylt Richildis, Kate Heartfield, Matthew Johnson
- Sunday, Oct. 5, 2 p.m. The Most Deadly Mirage: Originality, imitation, homage, and plagiarism in speculative fiction – Ranylt
Richildis (m), Sean Moreland, Kate Heartfield, Jo Walton